Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Cool Product For Summer: Sea Breeze Natural + Aid Body Shampoo Review

The craziest thing I have ever done to relieve myself of that hot, sticky, muggy feeling brought on by humid weather was to douse my body with mouthwash. I was thinking of the minty fresh sensation it imparts when your gargle. Did not work. I just felt stickier. In my defense, the heat was messing with my head.

sea breeze natural aid body shampoo super cool

Just as I was thinking of doing something less crazy, the tube of Caronia Renewing Scrub in my bathroom beginning to look like my salvation since it does provide a slight cooling effect after use, my aunt who resides in Japan sent us a bottle of Sea Breeze Natural + Aid Body Shampoo in Super Cool.

Ingredients: Water, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Cocamide Mea, Acetate Na, Menthol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Lily Extract, Rosemary Extract, Coriander Fruit Extract, Ceteareth-60 Recall, Edta-2na, Bg, Ethanol, Fragrance

I don't know how or why Shiseido, the parent brand, came up with the term "body shampoo." This is a shower gel to me. Sea Breeze Natural + Aid Body Shampoo in Super Cool is very runny but lathers a lot that two peso coin-sized squirts is enough for my entire body. It easily rinses off and wet skin does not feel slippery, making it easy to slough off dirt and grime. Skin feels smooth but Dove Body Wash is still better in terms of moisturization.

A lot of products (Bodyxpert Mint Body Wash, Saizen Hand Soap in Cocomint)  I've encountered offer only a minty smell, not a frosty feeling. Sea Breeze Natural + Aid Body Shampoo in Super Cool affords me both. I'm greeted by watermelon, lily and a huge blast of mint, notes often in aquatic fragrances. Enjoy the scent while in the shower because it won't cling on you when you step out. What does remain is a bit of an impression of having seemingly rubbed a menthol stick all over one's self. The super cool feeling is not instantaneous nor long lasting but it's more refreshing than ordinary bath products, including bar soaps. I have noticed that bar soaps are better suited for humid weather than liquid soaps as some liquid soaps impart a sticky, sometimes warmer feeling.

My mom swears that this brings her relief from itching after harvesting gourds, particularly sponge gourds, from her vine garden. Mind you, never come into contact with sponge gourd leaves and never pull just any vine. Some, like squash vines, can be prickly.

I don't know if a physical store carries this in the Philippines. Online listings are also rare. Thus, the search for an alternative cooling product continues for when this refreshing product runs out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.