Monday, September 2, 2019

Body in Bloom Petunia Blush Hand Soap and Bodyxpert Mint Body Wash

And it's the Ber months. I often see posts recommending Christmas gift ideas and gift sets featuring beauty products but reviews about them, not that much. I enjoy gift ideas posts as they make gift hunting easier but reviews would push me to get something awesome (and likely gift myself with one as well) or help me stay clear from gifting someone something not that good. Maybe people just get stuff for others without trying them out first. Or maybe they think said stuff would no longer be available the following year so why write how they fare.

Body in Bloom Petunia Blush Hand Soap is one of those seasonal bath products which one can find in Watson's when September starts to slink in. It's a returning product, in a different get-up. Mine was a gift and is the current hand soap on my bathroom sink.

body in bloom petunia blush hand soap

Ingredients: aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-150 distearate, dmdm hydantoin, parfum, disodium edta, cl14700, cl17200

If these ingredients seem familiar it's because they are the same as the ingredients of other Body in Bloom Hand Soaps which are part of a couple of gift sets (Body in Bloom Ice Cream Treats in Vanilla Sorbet, Body in Bloom Blueberry Cheesecake and Body in Bloom Cupcake Treats in Sweet Strawberry) I have blogged about last year.

Body in Bloom Petunia Blush Hand Soap has a Petunia Amber scent. I have a thing for Victoria's Secret Amber Romance so I can tell the amber right off the bottle of this hand soap. I am not familiar with petunias though so I can't say if the sweet floral scent which becomes more prevalent than the amber during sudsing is accurate. The scent does not stay around.

It easily produces a fine lather. Body in Bloom Petunia Blush Hand Soap does a decent job of cleaning my hands. It's also non-drying. It's not a kitchen hand soap though. It can't get rid of fishy or pungent smells.

bodyxpert mint body wash

I think this is no longer available, but I kept the container of my Bodyxpert Mint Body Wash. My niece uses it when she plays house. I want to talk about this because...

I am used to body washes being opaque and shower gels being translucent so that was what I expected but Bodyxpert Mint Body Wash was a translucent green with a consistency similar to the above Body in Bloom Petunia Blush Hand Soap. Maybe because they have similar listed ingredients with only the colorants and scents being different?

Ingredients: aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-150 distearate, dmdm hydantoin, parfum, disodium edta, cl8820, c74100

My skin did not experience wintry Christmas season feels with this body wash. The minty action was limited to its scent. Bodyxpert Mint Body Wash smelled like peppermint and reminded me of candy canes. While in the shower. Because sadly, that pepperminty scent was also like the days leading to Christmas. You'd wonder where it went. I remember needing a good amount to suds up my entire body. The fine lather did not gave way to slippery feels and my skin seemed just a bit velvety after bathing.

Body in Bloom and Bodyxpert products are imported by the same company, Lifestrong. Glamworks (See my review for Glamworks Addicted to You Fragrance Mist.) is also from the same company. All of the products I've tried are made in China. All of them have fragrances that do not last long.

Which is a shame, really, because other than the eye-catching packaging, affordability and accompanying cutesy items like pencil cases, the promise of a fancy fragrance is one of the draws of these products and gift sets. I would have been happier if they stayed with me far longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.