Monday, March 9, 2020

Garnier Light Products

Currently, my weekday morning skincare routine involves Garnier Light Complete White Speed Brightening Foam, Garnier Light Complete White Speed Whitening Serum Cream with SPF19 and Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll On. No toner, no extra sunscreen. No extra step. I've been going minimal so I have more time for stuff.

Garnier caught my attention when, upon arriving in the Philippines, they had this commercial showing a model holding over her face a strip of paper with varying skin tones, dark to light. One is supposed to become two shades fairer within several days of product use. At stores, their Light Complete Day Cream came with a similar strip. Suddenly, their competitors were adopting their marketing strategy.

garnier light complete white speed review

 Garnier Light Complete White Speed Brightening Foam

Not as sudsy or thick as Pond's facial washes. Promises to intensively cleanse and clears (sic) dullness. It does the former without pulling skin taut. Well not quite intensively since a micellar cleanser soaked cotton ball still comes up stained (from makeup and maybe leftover dirt) during my night routine and there are still some tiny oil plugs on my face. Notable ingredients include salicylic acid and lemon extract.


 Garnier Light Complete White Speed Whitening Serum Cream with SPF19

The minimal sunscreen's not gonna hack it during summer. I only use this when it's overcast or when I'm spending most of my time indoors or under shade. Or when it's not yet summer. It's enough to keep my face from darkening but no one has told me, "pumuti ka," that my skin has become lighter. It ain't sticky nor does it leave a white cast. Skin feels smooth and soft after use. Contains niacinamide, titanium dioxide and lemon extract.

Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll On

This does not have a lemon scent nor ingredient. It has caffeine though. Yes, there is an immediate cooling effect upon application. And a sticky feeling. Which kinda works with powder eye shadows making them last longer on my lids. One is meant to glide the roller ball over the under-eye area since it's supposed to provide micro-circulation effects of a massage. It, however, dispenses a lot of product so I just dab it on sparingly and spread the cloudy liquid over said area. There goes that feature. I can feel that it depuffs my eyebags a bit. Mind you, I am not one of those persons who seem to have permanent bags under their eyes.

I guess the lemon scent would be one of the main reasons I keep going back to Garnier Light Complete products. Sleep-deprived, I need all the help I can get to wake up, stay awake and look like I've had a good night sleep. Smelling citrus anything is a sure-fire way to perk me up. Garnier Light products also agree with my skin and do not break it out. Yes, I still get acne but it's not because of Garnier. More like hormones.

But, and this is really petty, the deciding factor that made me get these instead of another brand was  the other brand's endorser. I don't like the actress. People associated with a brand remains a deal-maker / breaker for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.