Monday, December 13, 2021

Almost Done: San San Creamy Matte Lip Stain, Hydrating Color Dew, Cheek Blusher Review

During the early months of this pandemic, salons, theaters, dining establishments, and physical stores that sell non-essential goods were closed. Make-up and beauty products were being sold at really low prices online. I bet a lot didn't see any reason to wear make up/put on perfume considering only essential travel was allowed. Plus the uncertain economic climate made people want to curb spending.

Even when restrictions began slowly easing, masks were still in place. The only times that felt reasonable to wear lip products (aside from a lip balm) were during gmeets/zoom/vid calls when we are required to turn on the screens.  

So it's only now that I'm almost through with these products. 

HBC lip stain, hydrating color dew, cheek blusher


San San lip stain, hydrating color dew, cheek blusher

San San Hydrating Color Dew is a basic cream lipstick. It's easily rubbed off from the lips so this only works when working from home and your appearance is needed online. Pre-pandemic, if you can keep yourself from licking or smacking your lips, drinking and eating, this will stay put. It's shiny with sparse glitters. Rich Maroon is a blue-based red on my lips. It's the maroon in your Crayola box not the brownish red UP maroon. Fuchsia Rose is a dark tickle me pink in the Crayola box. It's a deep blue-based pink. The good thing with gmeets/zoom/vid calls is that you can get away with wearing a dark or loud lip.

San San Creamy Matte Lip Stain is not as drying as most long wearing liquid lip colors are. This does not transfer to my mask, it's still there when I take my mask off. It does not feel heavy on the lips. Color remains on lips after eating although you may want to even it out. As its name states, it's matte, no shine, no glitters, no gloss. Dark mocha is a a dark old rose on my lips.  

San San lip products I have encountered are similarly scented.  Marshmallows come to mind.

In my experience, a powder blush is the easiest make-up product to purchase. Or maybe I've just been lucky that the powder blushes I've bought looked natural and lasted long on my skin. San San Cheek Blusher in Honey (peach quartz in the pantone color chart) adds just the right hint of color on my cheeks. For reference, my Mac Foundation shade is NC35. A blush applicator comes with the blusher and there's a compartment for it and a mirror when you flip the blush pan. I use neither as I prefer using my Suesh brush and a bigger mirror.

Anyhoo, what's going on with HBC, San San's parent company? Their facebook page is gone and the stand-alone store near my elementary-high school, which has been in existence for two plus decades has permanently closed. Same with two other stores near our place. I hate to think that they are closing for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.