Monday, August 24, 2020

Avon Heaven Scent Splash Cologne: Sunshine Yellow and Fresh Squeeze

Finally emptied these two, Avon Heaven Scent Sunshine Yellow and Fresh Squeeze Splash Colognes. I know they have new label designs since April last year but what can I say, fragrances last for quite a while with me because I stockpile and use them alternately. Also, because of covid-19, I haven't been going out much. Except for when I feel like smelling a particular fragrance, I don't usually wear colognes or perfumes at home. I'm okay with scented lotions and bath products.  

Between my previous translucent bottle of Sunshine Yellow and this, my second bottle ever, I can vouch that the smell has remained the same and am hoping that this is also true with the new label.

avon heaven scent

These two were more than passable substitutes when I was unable to procure a bottle of Angel's Breath Cologne / Angel's Breath Gold EDT from Landmark Trinoma two Christmases ago. They only had Angel's Breath Love which I didn't fell in love with on first sniff. The rose note threw me off. Mind you, Avon Heaven Scent Sunshine Yellow and Fresh Squeeze Splash Colognes are not dupes of Angel's Breath Cologne or Angel's Breath Gold EDT whose citrus note is sharper. All are bright and lively though, similar to Spanish colognes, which is why we get along. They are generally perfect for summer.

I have long been into citrus scents since they tend to wake me up. Citrus-y scents are the ones to get when one wants to feel invigorated and chipper. I for one could really use some happy with this pandemic.  Avon brochures that feature them describe Sunshine Yellow as fresh fruity while Fresh Squeeze is floral fruity citrus. I, however, think that the former is much more citrus-y than the latter. Fresh Squeeze seems to have a tang of Catholic church incenses. 

There used to be an Avon Heaven Scent Sunshine Yellow Perfumed Talc on my dresser once and it smells exactly as the cologne though the cologne's scent stays with me far longer. Avon does that, occasionally offer body powder versions of its scents.

The alcohol is strong in all Heaven Scent colognes I've tried. Out of all of them, these two are my favorites, because citrus. I'm looking forward to trying other Heaven Scent variants, particularly Dancing Petals and Colonia Fresca, if not the newer variants. More likely after this pandemic since I still have a lot of fragrances stashed and we're trying to keep things entering the house at a minimum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.