Monday, June 10, 2019

Dove Body Wash vs Summer Swelter


dove body wash refill

So summer still refuses to relinquish its hold over the country. I've been to a few places where temp's higher but I can hardly feel the heat. Where I'm at, somewhere north of Manila, my weather app says it's just 37 degrees Celsius but if you factor in humidity, heat index is pegged at scorching. It seems summer this year is as torchy as 2014. Last year was not like this.

I have been taking baths several times a day, even waking up at night to do so because even the AC doesn't stand a chance against the humidity. Plus my room is not that well ventilated and heat tends to rise up so while the rooms downstairs have cooled down, mine, I'd think, is still purgatory. I only get a reprieve at around 3AM.

Or as I have said, when I take a bath at some ungodly hour.
Dove Body Wash Beauty Moisture, or plain Jane Dove Body Wash, has been one of my favorite body washes for years. I just love how smooth and silky my skin feels after bathing with it. I could just glide my hands all over myself, rub my calf against each other. If you're going to get handsy/footsy with somebody, use this body wash. This is the body wash to use on those days when you're too tired/lazy to apply lotion. Although, if you have super dry skin, you really should be using a moisturizing lotion not just a moisturizing body wash.

Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, cocamidopropyl betaine, fragrance, cocamide mea, acrylates copolymer, styrene/acrylates copolymer, guar hydroxypropultrimonium chloride, isopropyl palmitate, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, citric acid, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin.

It's thicker than Johnson's Body Washes. It rinses easy even if there's a tiny bit of slippery but it will not interfere with sloughing dirt. It produces a rich lather. The powdery bouquet is Dove's iconic scent.   I feel it is okay for guys as well, lingers a good while. It shares the same fragrance as Dove Shampoos manufactured in Thailand, sold in Singapore and Dove Hair Fall Rescue and Silky Straight and Dove 1 Minute Serum Conditioner Hair Fall Rescue that are distributed in the Philippines.

Much as I love (and I tend to use the l- word sparingly) Dove Body Wash Beauty Moisture, I believe that it's not a humid weather bath product. In really toasty weather, two hours after bathing, my neck, arms and thighs feel sticky again. I'm better off with Moringa O2 Malunggay soap, it sometimes allows me to sleep until morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.