Monday, June 16, 2014

Ellips Hair Vitamin Hair Treatment Variant


I knew it was bad the moment a co-worker, without my prompting, recommended I use hair serum for my frizzy hair. That hair serum being Ellips Hair Vitamin. I actually didn’t heed her call at first but suggested it to my sister who promptly got a blister pack. When her hair took a 360, I was sold.

There are two Ellips Hair Vitamin variants in the local market today: the yellow one labeled Smooth and Shiny with Aloe Vera as key ingredient and the pink one labeled Hair Treatment with Jojoba Oil. I get similar results from both the yellow and pink variants but I prefer the scent of the pink one so it’s the one I kept purchasing. Both their scents last the whole day.

A hair vitamin-filled capsule feels squishy but turns hard once it’s empty. I prefer snipping off the end where its tail is at rather than pulling the rim off to release the contents. On my hands, the hair vitamin feels like slightly thick baby oil. Unlike baby oil though, the greasiness does not last for long nor does it weigh my hair down.

Package instructions:  Use after hair rinse. Pour onto your hands and wipe thoroughly onto your hair. Leave dry.

It’s okay to use it on dry hair but I find it best to apply the hair vitamin while my hair is slightly damp. Note that I still condition my hair even if I’m using this, just to cover all bases. A capsule is enough for my thick shoulder length hair. I don’t need to break-off one everyday since the effect remains until the next day, sometimes the day after next, even after I’ve washed, shampooed and conditioned my hair. Of course the effect doesn’t last forever. The moment I stop using it, if the shampoo and conditioner I’m using are not up to par or it’s really humid, my hair becomes scraggly again after a few days.

Ingredients: Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Pro vitamin B5, Polysilicone-15

Blurb: The combination of Jojoba Oil, UV Protection, Pro Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A, C, E helps treat damaged hair structure and reduce split end(s) caused by hair blow-drying, curling, coloring, rebonding. Hair looks healthier, manageable and shiny.

It delivers on its promise. I really do get manageable, shiny, sleek hair immediately after I use it. Note that it does not make my hair stick straight. My hair remains a bit wavy but frizz-free which is what matters most to me. It does not hold hair in place like gel or hairspray but it tames flyaways while allowing movement.

My sister who gets a lot more stuff done to her hair (blow-drying, curling, ironing, straightening, rebonding) and on a much more regular basis swears by this hair vitamin. For her, the effect is like using baby oil without the greasiness.

Ellips Hair Vitamin is manufactured in Indonesia and is available at Watsons, the beauty section of SM Departments Stores and SM Hypermarkets. A blister pack of 6 capsules goes for P36+ at SM Hypermarket. A plastic tube with 50 pieces is around P300+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.