Monday, November 4, 2019

My Current Maybelline Lippies, Online Shopping and Fakes

Presenting my current Maybelline Lipstick and Liquid Lipsticks: Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lipstick in Smoking Red and Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks in Assertive (205) and Self Starter (130).

Maybelline loaded bolds lipstick super stay matte ink liquid lipstick

Both Assertive (205) and Self Starter (130) are work-approved lip colors/formulas. They don't draw too much attention. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks are of the longer lasting lip products I've ever owned, staying true to their color until lunch time and still there when I've come home for the day. Though not 16 hours as it claims.

Self Starter (130) is a light coral and my go to almost everyday liquid lipstick.

Assertive (205) is something I would wear when I want to seem assertive (heh).  It;s brighter than Self Starter and turns a bit orange-y brownish red on my lips.

I wear Smoking Red when I'm off-duty since dark lipsticks are frowned upon at work. Loaded Bolds is right. It's a rather pigmented dark red lippy. This is almost the same shade as my very first Maybelline lipstick.

Maybelline loaded bolds lipstick super stay matte ink liquid lipstick

Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lipstick in Smoking Red is a gift while I bought Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks in Assertive (205) and Self Starter (130) from Maybelline's official online shop when they went on sale.

Not looking at the actual shades but the name of liquid lipsticks themselves, I would have picked testy, escapist, seeker, dreamer to describe myself. Maybe those will be the next shade I'd get next time they are on sale. Which brings us to the sales which online shopping portals hold.

Please be wary of some online sellers. Buy only from a brand's official online shop and from sellers you trust. Otherwise, check the seller's ratings and buyer's comments. A co-worker, happy with our first joint Maybelline purchase, bought another set of Super Stay Matte Ink but not from the official store. She clicked one those ads that appeared on a socmed site heralding an online shopping portal's sale event and was directed to a seller's site. Because of this she didn't have second thoughts. The Maybelline Super Stay Matte Inks she got were even cheaper than our previously bought loot.

She regrets her purchase since she believes she got fake Maybelline Super Stay Matte Inks. Outside, the packaging looks the same. How was she able to tell then? Only when she uncapped and used them. They smell different from the original, too chemically not caramelly. And they do not stay on her lips. They budge, smudge and are gone fast.

Still, that setback has not stopped her, or me, from shopping online. In fact, we can't wait for 11-11 to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.