Monday, September 25, 2017

Avon Kate's World Pretty Magical and Pretty Rockin Body Spritzes Review

Although generally I am into citrus scents, I do believe life is too short to live for just a signature fragrance. I tend to switch fragrances depending on where I am going, the season and if it's night or day. I find Fragrantica a very useful guide in determining whether the scent I have is better for cold or warm weather. See, some scents can be suffocating or do not linger as much if used when the temperature is all wrong.

avon kate's world pretty magical

Since it's the brrr months, I'm now using the last few mls of Avon Kate's World Body Spritzes which have been with me for a couple of years now. Sugary, creamy Pretty Magical and Pretty Rockin smell strong initially, taper off then barely there by the time I take my mid-morning/post dinner snack.


Of the two, I like Avon Kate's World Pretty Magical Body Spritz more because of the layers. I can easily detect the floral and fruity notes on first whiff before sweet vanilla takes over. Fragrantica mentions the notes as sugar, fruity notes, wildflower and vanilla. It's good for daytime use during the cooler days in a tropical country like the Philippines.

I prefer Avon Kate's World Pretty Rockin Body Spritz for evenings because it is headier. Its musk and almond milk notes as listed by Fragrantica are quite strong that the floral (freesia) and fruity (orange) notes are drowned out. Initially, I mistook the smell of musk and almond milk as vanilla. So yeah, for me Kate's World Pretty Magical segues into Kate's World Pretty Rockin seamlessly should I want to use the former for days, the latter for nights. The change is not jarring.

Kate's World Body Spritzes sold in the Philippines are housed in plastic bottles sans boxes. Well, Avon has already boxed Kate's World as for teens with their packaging and pricing. Each bottle has a picture of a barbie-sque young woman which some teenage girl or someone younger might aspire to be. Maybe they thought these could be transition scents to ready teens for their more "grown-up" fragrances in the form of EDTs and EDPs. I, however, think that Kate's World Pretty Rockin and Pretty Magical Body Spritzes would also appeal to femmes a bit older (ahem). But would it appeal to a thirty-something woman to whip out a body spritz with a girly print when she's trying to project severe and serious?

For more on Avon products, drop by avon.com.ph or visit their facebook page. Avon products are available online at avonshop.ph , through Avon dealers and at Avon branches nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.