Monday, August 12, 2019

Delon Olive Shampoo and Unicare Cream Nature Perfume Body Wash

I'm that person who would hit the sale/promo section at the supermarket before seeking out the items on my grocery list in their assigned shelves. I get a high out of scoring things with a freebie or  cheaper than they usually are. Yes, I'm mababaw. But wouldn't you feel bad when you learn that the milk pack you purchased could have gotten you a water jug similar to a Coleman's had you dropped by the sale/promo area?

So while I was perusing the toothpastes on said section (The usual Colgate Fresh Confidence Gel Red Extreme or stripe-y Triple Action Anti-Cavity?) I spotted the Scotch-taped Unicare Perfume Body Washes which were buy one get one. A lone Delon Olive Shampoo sat next to the bottles. It's about half the price of a mainstream shampoo (Sunsilk, Dove). In the cart they went with the red toothpaste.

unicare perfume body wash


For the Unicare Perfume Body Wash, I picked Cream Nature over Sensual Amour and Enchanted because the fresh floral fragrance seems familiar. While it is nice, said fragrance of Unicare Cream Nature Perfume Body Wash is as fleeting as that memory which refuses to fully form, gone in 2 hours. On the plus side, a small amount produces a lot of fine lather. As with most shower gels, creams and body washes, it imparts a slippery feel on skin upon rinsing, a smooth sensation after towel-drying.

delon olive shampoo

Discounting mainstream products that list olive oil as one but not the sole main ingredient (like Moringa-O2) since those usually take on a different scent, the only olive-infused bath product that has ever graced my bathroom that I could recall is The Body Shop's Olive Shower Gel and it does not smell like Delon Olive Shampoo. Well, they both do not smell exactly like edible olive oil. Delon Olive Shampoo has a fresh, citrusy floral unisex scent that is not as strong as mainstream shampoo brands in the Philippines and not as long lasting. The Delon Olive Shampoo I got was manufactured in Canada, btw.

Olive oil has always been regarded for its moisturizing ability in the world of skin/haircare. The sixth ingredient in the label, I was hoping the blurb on the bottle would hold true. It generally does not.

Delon Olive Shampoo cleans well, yes, but it also strips my hair dry. For some reason, shampoos claiming to be mild and gentle do not work well on my hair. (Hello Kao Feather Nature Plus Mild and Gentle Shampoo!)  I guess I'd reach for this shampoo only when my hair gets extra oily and weighed down. This has Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. No wonder.

A bit runny, I need a good amount of Delon Olive Shampoo to lather up my thick, shoulder-length hair. Whereas if I were to use a mainstream shampoo, I would only need half.

Taking all of these into account, I feel that it would have been better for me to have bought a mainstream shampoo instead.

I guess that's the good thing with products on sale/promo, when they turn out so-so or average, wallet damage is not as painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.