Monday, January 28, 2019

Celeteque Clarifying Shampoo Review and a Really Off-Putting Salon Agent

My sister bought two bottles of Celeteque Clarifying Shampoos after her coworkers raved that it had effectively addressed their hair fall problem. One of them even gifted a bottle to another coworker who easily became a convert.

celeteque shampoo


Bottle blurb: Celeteque Dermoscience Hair and Scalp Care Clarifying Shampoo is a once-a-week shampoo that helps remove residue build up from shampoo, conditioners and hair styling products, which makes hair look unhealthy, dull, and difficult to manage or style. After using this clarifying wash, go back to your favorite shampoo for the rest of the week to see how it will work even better for you.

How it works: 
  • cleanses hair and scalp thoroughly to remove dulling residue.
  • removes residue build up leaving hair and scalp incredibly clean.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid

About my sister: she has fine, shoulder length hair. She suffers from hair fall and dry, itchy scalp. For some reason, conditioning her hair everyday solves her itchy scalp problem. Probably because of daily conditioning, her hair is quite soft to the touch. Her hair does not stay in place for long but it is manageable.  

After sudsing with Celeteque Clarifying Shampoo for a month, my sister felt it did not work for her. The amount of hair strands that end up on her bedroom and bathroom floor didn't lessen. She also felt that it made her hair stiff, dry and frizzy on the days she used it even when she conditions her hair.

One time, she mistakenly used the shampoo during a workday. A representative from a salon whose name rhymes with rabid went to her workplace that day to supposedly pitch services their salon offer. The guy told my sister, "no offense.." then proceeded to say offensive things about her hair.

Needless to say, my sister and a couple of her co-workers were turned off by the attitude of said representative and have not and will not be availing the salon's services anytime soon. There are many other salons out there with better offers and regard for customers.

Still, my sister felt bad that she gave her bottles to me. Hey, her co-workers liked the shampoo. Sister privileges dictate I get first dibs before her co-workers.

Celeteque Clarifying Shampoo's really mild scent does not stick around. It will not interfere with whatever else fragrance you wear. While the shampoo lathers well on my palm, it does not foam as much on my hair. I've noticed that my hair felt stiff while wet but not so much after it has air-dried. Frizz is still an issue. I have thick hair so I don't worry about hair fall. I don't think I have lesser hair fall because of it.

I don't think I will be parting with the shampoo for now. I like the idea of having a sort of reset button for my hair when it starts to feel too weighed down by residues, oil and dirt. I'll just have to use it once a week when I am giving myself a thorough cleansing (scrubs, hand and foot spa, masks, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.