Monday, October 22, 2018

Bali Alus Traditional Spa Essential Scrub with VCO in Jasmine

We've been having hot, at times humid days this past couple of weeks. Not that I'm complaining. We live in a flood-prone area so I'd take it. Although I would be much happier if it's a bit cooler. Wouldn't mind light rains too.

That said, I've been on a tropical floral scent binge lately, fitting of said weather. Jasmine, sampaguita and ylang-ylang scents remind me of church stops when we go on local trips, flower garlands strung during summer and relaxing spas and massages I've had. In my bathroom right now is a body scrub from Bali Alus, an Indonesian skincare brand.

bali alus cream body scub
There are a lot of Bali Alus Traditional Spa Essential Scrub variants. Its website lists Avocado, Jicama, Boreh, Cempaka, Honey Sandalwood, Chocolate, Coconut, Coffee, Frangipani, Green Tea, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Aloe Vera, Milk, Seaweed, Strawberry. The variants does not refer solely to how each scrub smells but largely to the main ingredient in the scrub and what it does for one's skin. I got to try the Jasmine one, a gift.

Composition: jasminum officinale flower powder, cera alba, milk protein, agua, milk lipid, glycine soja protein, oryza sativa grain extract, pachyrhizus erosus starch, coconut (cocos nucifera) extract, olive (olea europea) oil, jasminum officinale oil.

That's jasmine, beeswax, water, milk, wild soybean, rice, jicama, coconut and olive.

I've been checking online and it seems that Bali Alus Cream Scrub variants have mostly different ingredients from each other. The great thing is, at least the ones I've come across, all are natural, not synthetic. The scrub beads are rice grains bits not plastic microbeads. Plus points for being eco-friendly. The scrub beads do not feel coarse but are not as fine as some beads from some other scrubs are. 

How to use: Applied (sic) scrub cream to the whole body, do gentle massage using your finger or palm and left (sic)  for several minutes. Can be used before or after bathing. Keep scrub cream inside the chiller and used (sic) regularly.

In a previous post about the no-longer-in-the-market Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrubs, I mentioned how I use body scrubs. That is, after bathing and towel-drying sometimes with my skin still a bit damp. When I have time I leave them for a few minutes but mostly I just scrub away.  

Skin feels greasy after the Bali Alus Cream Scrub in Jasmine is rinsed off. It is pretty evident given the way water beads on my skin. The feeling goes away after I towel dry. I think it's this oily effect that enabled me to slough of layers upon layers of dirt off my skin. As in, each time I rub my hands over my skin, there's dirt. Gah! I didn't know I had that much on my skin! Where did these come from?! Get this scrub if you want to weigh less. Kidding.

Benefit: help cleanse the skin, make the skin more soft, moist and maintain healthy skin.
It contains Jasmine helps to moisturize, soften and maintain healthy skin.

Sadly, I find Bali Alus Cream Scrub in Jasmine not moisturizing enough. My skin does not feel as smooth as it does after bathing with body wash. This even if I have bathed with body wash immediately prior. Maybe it's because I keep rinsing my skin because of the grime that keeps appearing? Maybe I have to leave it on for a far longer time?

The Jasmine scent lasts long and is not overpowering. I thought it would be given how it escapes the tub or fills the bathroom when I scrub. Though I could still smell Jasmine on my skin as I perspire in the cramped bus on my way home, that's it. The smell just stuck to my skin since morning.

For more on Bali Alus products, drop by their website at balialus.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.