Monday, December 3, 2018

Of Wanting to Escape and Club Balai Isabel Body Lotion

They say that the best time to book/go to resorts in Luzon would be November because by then the rainy season would almost have been over (except for the Bicol region, Palawan and Mindoro. Mom's from Bicol and she'd always tell us that it's usually rainy in her hometown by the end of the year. Also, storms normally traverse the southern part of the country come the last quarter.) and it's not yet tourist peak season. Rates are more affordable, not much people.

But then November and December are months when work peaks. Add preparations for the holidays and I'm very much swimming, no, drowning in too much to do when I would much rather want to be swimming in not chlorinated water. Chances are higher that I will drown in caffeine trying to keep awake with just five-hour-sleep-utmost-a-day which I suspect I will be having until the year ends, than I will go out of town this coming long weekend. By the time I'm able to lift my head from under tons of papers, wrappers and otherwise, it would be too cold to soak in anywhere else other than a hot water-filled bathtub.

What am I doing writing this when I have my hands full you ask? Weeelll, I did say in my "about me-ow" page this blog is my form of escape.

ylang ylang lotion

So escape... Instead of bitching further, I've been beaching. I've painted my nails in Caronia Goddess. A festively frosted blue green. I've been downing melons and watermelons which are surprisingly abundant in the nearby market right now. I've been de-stressing through aromatherapy.

This Club Balai Isabel Greaseless Body Lotion with Ilang-Ilang Essence is just what I need to decompress. The smell is different from Angel's Breath Gold EDT which is buoyed by citrus notes. Club Balai Isabel Greaseless Body Lotion is pure ilang-ilang. More of a fragrance lotion than a moisturizer, its heavy scent lasts for hours. Much like Bali Alus Jasmine Body Scrub, the scent largely reminds me of churches, leis, spas and massages.

This lotion was a gift, purchased from Club Balai Isabel's souvenir shop. I've never been to Club Balai Isabel so I wouldn't be able to tell if their hotel room toiletries has similarities to this lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.