Monday, October 9, 2017

Ariel Power Gel with the Freshness of Downy Passion Review

Suddenly, mom was convinced that powder detergents leave residues that damage the washing machine. Hence, we got into liquid detergents, starting with Ariel Power Gel with the Freshness of Downy Passion.

In the Philippines, people use powder more than liquid detergents for machine-washed clothes. Could be because it's what we're used to. Could be because of the sucky water supply system in most areas. One simply couldn't get a fully automatic washing machine without considering water supply. Ours is a semi-automatic twin tub which I hope to review next time.

Since it was a trial run, we got sachets. I would use a sachet for 20 pieces of clothing. Normally it's a scoop of Ariel Antibac laundry detergent (powder form) for that wash load.

Ariel Power Gel with the Freshness of Downy Passion is not really in gel form. It's more like a thick light red liquid. It does not bubble up as much as powder detergents. It's not as drying on one's hands as the Ariel Antibac.  The latter leaves a sticky sensation on my hands. Not Ariel Power Gel.

While Ariel Power Gel left our clothes smelling better than Ariel Antibac, I believe that its cleaning ability is just at par with the latter.

What I don't like about Ariel Power Gel is that it weakens cloth fibers. Nakakarupok. I ended up with several damaged shirts and house clothes after using it. It has happened before with the Ariel Antibac but gradually. With Ariel Power Gel it was boom! Holey clothes, Batman. From a shirt pilling to my.trusty tank top tearing as I rinse it to my favorite house dress ripping as I move while wearing it. In its TV ad, it claims to keep the colors of clothes from fading. Unfortunately, because it abrades cloth fibers, the prints become splotchy.

So I guess we will be skipping Ariel Power Gel with the Freshness of Downy Passion next time we make our supermarket run.  Lint is a given, but finding bits of cloth at the bottom of the washer  is not the kind of residue we're expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.