Monday, August 7, 2017

Anna's Salted Egg Potato Chips

anna's salted egg potato chips

Salted egg potato chips are said to have originated from Singapore. In the Philippines, salted duck eggs are often sold painted red so you can differentiate them from ordinary duck eggs. They're already boiled so you can immediately eat them with rice after peeling off their shells. So I was a bit surprised that salted duck eggs in Singapore have yet to be boiled. They're raw. My brother already told me about this so I didn't made the mistake of spilling the yolk and albumin when I cracked the shell of my first SG salted duck egg. I am not sure if raw salted duck eggs are available in the Philippines. Would have made making salted egg potato chips a lot easier. There's already salted duck egg powder, yes, but fresh is still best right?

So if you're like me too busy to mash all those yolks, buying rather than making salted egg potato chips is the the convenient option. There's a couple in the market right now, often made by entrepreneurs. Sister came home recently with a bag that's cheaper than the ones I've come across in the malls. Anna's Salted Egg Potato Chips keeps well within it's resealable foil pack. They're thin and crisp. The salted egg yolk taste is not overpowering so you could tell that you're still eating potato chips. Curry leaves provide a bite.

You know, I've been wondering. What's keeping big snack food companies from making salted egg yolk potato chips? It's been a year since the craze started and people still crave for these chips. Come on Oishi and Jack n Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.