Friday, June 9, 2017

Daiso ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Milk (Emulsion) and Essence Review

daiso er white medicated cosmo whitening milk and essence

When I went off the grid about two years prior, a lot of stuff I have written for the blog didn't get posted. I decided to post this review since I have been seeing Daiso ER White Medicated Cosmo products being sold online.

Years ago whilst in SG, I ran out of facial care products and since I happened to be at Daiso IMM then, I decided to get some there instead of Watsons / Guardian. Before anyone freaks out about the thought of using a dollar store product on one's face, I have used a couple of Daiso products over the years and haven't had a problem with them. Also,  I trust Singapore to be stringent in regulating cosmetic products. Also, this is Daiso, not some store selling counterfeits. It was a good time to try facial care products I haven't tried before.

I checked the internet after getting the ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Essence and ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Milk. Apparently there's another ER White Medicated product, ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Lotion, a clear lotion. Didn't see it, didn't get it.

Active Ingredients for both products are allantoin and placenta protein. Allantoin is a moisturizer. But it's because of the placenta as skin whitener and smoother hype that I got these. It's also because of the placental protein that I regret getting them. EWG cites PETA: placental protein is derived from the uterus of slaughtered animals. Some websites say that ER White Medicated Cosmo products use pig placenta. Also, my skin tone didn't get lighter. I only used these two before going to bed though.

After cleansing and toning, the essence goes in first followed by the milk. 

Daiso ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Essence  is a mere 30ml water look-alike. Unlike water though, this essence left my face feeling sticky. After using this, my pores appeared very visible until the morning and even after applying the milk.

Ingredients: glycerin, butylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, aloe barbidensis leaf extract, alanine, sodium pca, alcohol, water, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben

Just as its name says, ER White Medicated Cosmo Whitening Milk is a milky emulsion. The label mentions applying this using cotton. It smells somewhat like Jean Patou's Joy, an iconic perfume with jasmine, rose and tuberose notes among others. Mind you the scent does not stick around. This milk made my skin oilier.

Ingredients: water, carbomer, glycerin, aloe barbidensis leaf extract, alanine, sodium pca, ceteth-13, sorbitan sesquioleate, mineral oil, butylene glycol, alcohol, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance

Both product are made in Vitenam.

One good thing this combo did for my skin is that they vanished the dry, flaky patches around my mouth and nose. That might be a reason for some to get these, not again for me given the reasons above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Your questions, reactions, thoughts are most appreciated.